Learn how to stream to Twitch on Xbox without capture card using OBS. In this tutorial, I show you how to stream on Twitch with your Xbox without a capture card and using OBS. This means you can still play games on your Xbox One, but with the benefits of OBS on your desktop (such as Overlays, Streamlabs alerts from Twitch, etc).
Note: there are two requirements:
- Computer and Xbox One on the same network (WiFi or ethernet)
- Must be using Windows 10 computer, because we will be using the Xbox Console Companion app (see link below).
Download the Xbox Console Companion app here: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/console-companion-app
Follow the steps below to stream to Twitch on Xbox without a capture card using OBS:
- Turn on Xbox One and connect to the same network as your computer.
- Launch the Xbox Console Companion app and sign in (using Xbox sign-in information).
- In the Xbox Console Companion app, select the connection button (looks like your console) in the left sidebar.
- Select Add a device. It will begin searching for your Xbox One. Once it loads, select Connect.
- Once connected to your Xbox One, select Stream. At this point, you are streaming your Xbox One to your Windows 10 computer. You should be using your Xbox One controller, and any movements should be visible on your Windows 10 computer.
- Now open OBS. Under Sources, select the plus symbol and then select Display Capture. A window should appear. Create a new source (give it a name) and then select OK. OBS is now capturing game play.
- Note: the Display capture source will display everything on the selected screen. To ensure that you are showing only Xbox content, make sure you open the Xbox Console Companion app in full-screen mode.
- Once you have the display source created, you can add any other source you’d like, such as a webcam, mic, Streamlabs widgets, or even an overlay.
- You can now stream your Xbox One using OBS without a capture card.
- How to Start a Twitch Stream: https://youtu.be/ZPhL_eAR1Qs
- How to Connect your Xbox to the Xbox Companion App: https://youtu.be/dqd10QAkl5I
- Twitch Follower Goals in OBS: https://youtu.be/Mz7xhuz041g
- Get Twitch Prime for Free: https://youtu.be/ALdol_6apGY
- Setup Twitch Alerts in OBS: https://youtu.be/dqIt3xOYzv4