How to change the language on your Kindle? In this tutorial, I show you how to fix a Kindle that is displaying the wrong language. It might seem a bit daunting if you are staring at your world of books and can’t read anything on the screen because it is in a language you don’t recognize. Don’t worry, you don’t need to panic. Just follow the steps below and you should be able to read books again very soon.
How to update the language on your Kindle:
- Turn on your Kindle, and select the gear icon to open your settings.
- Once the settings open, select the gear icon all the way to the right to select All Settings.
- Select the globe icon (looks like Earth) to select Language & Dictionaries.
- Select the first option (Language).
- Select the preferred language from the list, then select OK (bottom right-hand corner button). Select OK again and your Kindle will reboot.
- When your Kindle reboots, it should be in the new language.