How to turn on Instagram Dark Mode on your Android phone or tablet? In this tutorial, I show you how to activate Dark Mode on Instagram from your Android cellphone. This is great if you typically scroll through your Instagram feed at night, and would like a phone setting that helps you fall asleep faster. Enabling Dark Mode is very easy and can be done in a few simple steps.
This video will show you two different ways to turn on Instagram dark mode. The first will be through the Android settings and the second is using the Dark Mode app from the Google Play Store. This app can be used to turn on Instagram dark mode when using an older phone. This is great with old Moto or Samsung Android phones.
How to Enable Dark Mode on your Android Phone or Tablet:
How to turn off Instagram Dark Mode:
Install the Dark Mode app here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=systems.maju.darkmode&hl=en_US
How to enable Dark Mode on Instagram from your Android phone:
- Open the settings.
- Select Display.
- Make sure that Dark Theme is enabled.
- Instead of opening Instagram from your phone, open it from the Google Play store to ensure that you have the latest version of Instagram installed.
- If you aren’t seeing Dark Mode when you open Instagram, make sure that you have selected Dark Mode in the settings (above) and that you have the latest version of Instagram installed on your phone. If it is still not showing in Dark Mode, then go back to the Google Play store, select Instagram, and then select Join the beta. This will allow you to try out new features before they are released and should ensure that you are able to access Dark Mode within the Instagram app.
Follow the steps below if Instagram dark mode is not working on your Android phone:
- Install the Android Dark Mode app. You can get it from the Google Play store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=systems.maju.darkmode&hl=en_US
- Once in the Android Dark Mode, select Night Mode.
- If Instagram dark mode is still not turning on, select Car Mode in the Android Dark Mode app and then select Night Mode.