Looking to get a smart plug for your home or office? In this unboxing and review we look at the Eques Elf Smart Plug(Paid Link). This smart outlet features a beautiful design, an awesome app that is easy to setup, and integration with Google Home and Amazon Alexa.
Eques Elf Smart Plug – WiFi/App Enabled – Control Your Home from Anywhere – Works with Amazon Alexa or Google Home – No Hub Required
Get it on Amazon: http://amzn.to/2yisyLg(Paid Link)
Pros of the Eques Elf Smart Plug(Paid Link):
- Beautiful design that I think would look great in any home or office
- Good build quality. The plastic does not feel cheap and the button seems high quality
- Very easy to setup. Simply plug the Elf Smart Plug into a power outlet and then open the Elf Smart Plug app
- Tons of functionality from the Elf Smart Plug app including schduling, timer, and smart charging of other devices
- Similar to other smart outlets from brands like TP-Link, WeMo, Epicka, Laneco, eSamcore, Potensic, ANEKEN, Etekcity, Oittm, LOHAS, Koogeek, iClever
- Wifi enables so it should work around your entire house
- Uses a free app that works great
- Red light indicator that tells you if the switch is on or off
Cons of the Eques Elf Smart Outlet(Paid Link):
- No ability to dim lights
- No power usage information
Get the Eques elf Smart Plug App:
- Google Play Store: //play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eques.plug&hl=en
- Apple iTunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/eques-elf/id1292283137?mt=8
How to Setup and Install the Eques Elf Smart Outlet(Paid Link)
- Download the app
- Plug in the Eques Elf Smart Outlet
- Open the app and go to “Add device”
- The app will automatically detect the device.
- Configure the desire Wifi network and password same as my home wireless router
This doesn’t seem to work with Google Home – the Elf app doesn’t show on the list of Google Home Control applications
Hello, you are correct. It seems the Elf app was removed from the list but will be added in again later this week. Once that happens I plan on uploading another video. Sorry for the confusion I’m not sure why it was removed.
Hello Pin, the Eques app is now in the Google Home app. You should now be able to control it using Google Assistant. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!