How to turn off comments on a YouTube video? In this tutorial, I show you how to disable YouTube video comments on Mobile & PC. This is very easy to do, and can can stop malicious video comments. Leave a comment below if you have any questions while you turn off comments on your YouTube videos.
How to Turn Off Comments On YouTube (Video Tutorial):
What Does it Mean to Turn Off Comments on YouTube?
Turning off comments on a YouTube video prevents anyone from making a comment on that video. There are two ways to do this, one is prior to posting a video, and another is after a video is already posted. If you disable comments after the video is posted, any comments will be removed publicly, but will remain privately. Please note that if there is a particular malicious comment that you would like to remove, you can delete it.
Follow the steps below to disable comments on a posted YouTube video:
- Log in to YouTube and select the video with unsavory comments.
- Select Edit Video. This should take you to YouTube Studio.
- Under Details scroll to the bottom of the page until you see Comments and ratings
- Select the drop down labelled Comment Visibility, and select your desired option. To turn off comments, select Disable comments.
- Select Save.
- To ensure that comments have been disabled, go back to Basic and select the video in question. Below the description, you should see Comments are disabled for this video.
Follow the steps below to disable comments on a future video that hasn’t been posted:
- Open the video in https://studio.youtube.com
- Select the video that you would like to disable comments and select Details.
- Select More Options at the bottom.
- Scroll down to Comments and ratings, Select the drop down labelled Comment Visibility, and select your desired option. To turn off comments, select Disable comments
- Confirm this by returning to Basic and opening the video. Below the description, you should see Comments are disabled for this video.
How to Disable Comments in the YouTube Studio app on your phone:
- Open the YouTube Studio app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Open the app menu and select Videos.
- Open the video you want to disable comments on and select the pencil at the top to edit the video details.
- In the video details select the tab at the top with the gear. 5. Ensure the toggle switch next to Allow comments is turned off and then select Save.