Did you just get a Garmin Forerunner 45 watch? In this tutorial, I show you how to set up your Garmin Forerunner 45 for the first time. This tutorial will go though turning on the Garmin Forerunner 45, installing the Garmin Connect app, pairing your smart watch with your phone, and personalizing the Garmin Forerunner 45.
Follow the steps below to setup your Garmin Forerunner 45:
- Turn on the Garmin Forerunner 45 by holding down the light button.
- Navigate to your respective app store to download and install the Garmin Connect App
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile&hl=en_US
- Apple iTunes App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/garmin-connect/id583446403?mt=8
- Windows 10: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/garmin-connect-mobile/9nblggh20c82?activetab=pivot:regionofsystemrequirementstab
- Open the Garmin Connect app and create an account.
- Ensure your Bluetooth is enabled, then select the plus symbol in the app to set up a new device,
- If your Garmin Forerunner 45 is turned on, the app should automatically find your watch. If not, find the Garmin Forerunner 45 in the list of available watches. Select Connect it.
- Check the Garmin Forerunner 45 for a pairing code. Enter that into the app when prompted.
- Go through the setup steps for sleep time, wrist, goal setting, and device syncing.
- Your Garmin Forerunner 45 has now been set up and is ready to be used. Enjoy!
Other Garmin Forerunner 45 Tutorials!