Learn how to disable comments on YouTube video. In this tutorial, I show you how to turn off comments on a specific YouTube video. This is very easy to do, and can be helpful if you are experiencing malicious comments on a video, or if you are interested in preventing them in the future.
There are two ways to do this, one is prior to posting a video, and another is after a video is already posted. If you do this after the video is posted, any comments will be removed publicly, but will remain privately. Please note that if there is a particular malicious comment that you would like to remove, you can delete it.
Follow the steps below to disable comments on a posted YouTube video:
- Log in to YouTube and select the video with unsavory comments.
- Select Edit Video. This should take you to YouTube Studio (Beta).
- Under Details (located in the left sidebar), select Advanced near the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to Comments and ratings, and uncheck the box next to Allow comments. This will disable future comments on the video and make any previous comments private.
- Select Save.
- To ensure that comments have been disabled, go back to Basic and select the video in question. Below the description, you should see Comments are disabled for this video.
Note: this requires the use of YouTube Studio: https://studio.youtube.com
Follow the steps below to disable comments on a future video that hasn’t been posted:
- Open the video in https://studio.youtube.com
- Select the video that you would like to disable comments and select Details.
- Select Advanced.
- Scroll down to Comments and ratings, and uncheck the box next to Allow comments. This will disable future comments on the video.
- Select Save.
- Confirm this by returning to Basic and opening the video. Below the description, you should see Comments are disabled for this video.