Looking to take extremely high quality time lapses or night shots? Check out the HONGDAK LCD Timer Shutter Release Remote Control which will allows you to use your DSLR to take time lapses and long exposure pictures. Currently ~$17 on Amazon http://amzn.to/2ekcVLe
One thing about being a photographer is that you really have to be ready to take any type of picture at any time. You really never know when you run across something that is worth shooting and that means you need to carry a lot with you. The HONGDAK LCD Timer Shutter Release is only 5 inches long. To give you an idea of the size, I was able to fit is in the top pocket of my Lowepro Slingshot 102.
Cord: The first thing to note when trying to use thing product is the length of the cord. The cord is around 3 feet long, which is especially convenient for configuring the timer while your camera is on a tripod.
Batteries: The shutter release requires 2 AAA batteries, I find this to be great because I am easily use my rechargeable AAA’s and save some money.
Backlight: This shutter actually features a back light. I found that it was pretty dim but works pretty in very low light. The light color is white which makes it a little easier to see.
I used this automatic shutter release for time lapses. It is very easy to set the time between shot and even how many shots are taken. You can set the timer to take a shot between 1 second and 99 hours. You can also do 5 minute exposures in intervals of 5 minutes, which is perfect for night time lapses.
This Timer Shutter Release is compatible with the following devices:
• Canon: EOS Digital Rebel 300D, 350D, 400D, 450D, 500D, 1000D, EOS Kiss/New Kiss/Kiss 7/Kiss III, Rebel 2000, G II, T1, T2, T2i, T1i XT, XTi, XS, XSi, ELAN 7, ELAN 7E, ELAN 7N, ELAN II, ELAN IIE, IX LITE PowerShot G10/G11
• Pentax K10D/K110D/K100D/K20D/K200D/KM ist D/DS/DS2/DL/DL2/K10 MZ-6, MZ-L, ZX-L
• Hasselblad: H/H1/H2/H2D/H1D
• Contax: 645/Nl/Nx/N/N Digital/LA-50
• Samsung: GX-20 GX-10 GX-1L GX-1
This device seems to be sold under a couple different brand names. Take note of the names below and make sure you purchase the best price.
• Neewer Digital Timer Remote Shutter Release Trigger MC-DC2
• SHOOT RS-80N3 LCD Timer Remote Shutter Release
• LESHP LCD Timer Shutter Release Remote Control
• Prost LCD Timer Shutter Release Remote Control
• D&F MC-DC2 Wired Timer Remote Shutter
• Polaroid PLRTC18 Replacement
• MOGOI(TM) Timer Remote Shutter Release
• Bower LCD Timer and Remote Shutter Release
• Vivitar LCD Digital Timer Shutter Release
• BestDealUSA LCD Timer Shutter Release Remote Control Cord
I love this product. It is small, has a long cord, has back light, has a great battery life, and is very easy to use. I highly recommend it.