How to download an offline version of Wikipedia? In this tutorial, I show you how to download all of Wikipedia so that you can access it offline without the internet. This tutorial will allow you to download Wikipedia to your iPhone or Android phone using Kiwix, a free app. Then you can view and read all of Wikipedia from your phone or tablet.
Download the Kiwix app here:
- iPhone / iPad iTunes Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kiwix/id997079563
- Android Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kiwix.kiwixmobile&hl=en_US
Download Wikipedia to your Phone Video Tutorial:
Follow the steps below to download an offline version of Wikipedia:
- Go to your respective app store and install the Kiwix app to your iPhone or Android phone.
- Open the library and look for anything with the name Wikipedia, you can even search Wikipedia.
- Select the offline version you’d like to download. You can download with or without images and media. This can be useful if you want to download all of the information and articles on Wikipedia, but not the pictures and images.
- Once you find the archive of Wikipedia you want to download, simply open it and select how you want to download it. Either WiFi or WiFi and cell.
- Now to access Wikipedia offline or without internet, open the Kiwix app and go to your library. You might have to select on device. From there, you can open Wikipedia and even search for articles.