How to add artwork Reddit r/Layer subreddit artwork? In this tutorial, I show you how to add your artwork to the new Reddit Layer subreddit. r/Layer is a collaboration between Reddit and Adobe to allow users to contribute individual, small-scale pieces of art to a daily piece of artwork.
Access via link: https://reddit.com/r/Layer
How to add your artwork to the Layer subreddit:
- Log in to your Reddit account and access the Layer subreddit here: https://reddit.com/r/Layer
- Select the plus symbol in the upper right-hand corner beside Layer.
- Next, select an area of the already existing artwork to add your piece of art and then select the checkmark to confirm that area.
- This will open the layer maker, where you can create your art. The left-hand side has three tools: draw, erase, and move. While drawing, you have the ability to alter the size, transparency, and color by selecting the square and circle icons that appear in the top left-hand corner when you select the draw icon. When you select the eraser icon, you have the ability to alter the size and transparency of the eraser using the square and circle icons. If you select the four arrows icon, you can move your drawings.
- On the right-hand side, you can edit and control the layers (similar to Photoshop) by adding layers and then dragging them to arrange the layer order.
- Add a background by uploading a photo saved on your computer and then dragging it into place.
- Undo and redo buttons are located at the top and allow you to edit any mistakes you might have made.
- Keep in mind that there is a paint meter that limits the amount of coverage in your artwork. Once you meet your limit, you can’t add anything else to your work, but you can erase some of it to gain some coverage back and continue working on your piece.
- Once you have completed your artwork, select Save and give your piece a name, then select Submit.
- Keep in mind that you can add and contribute to artwork by selecting it and then selecting Use As Reference. This will bring up their piece of art and allow you to add a layer to it. Save it, and it will add your modified art 🙂