How to Make Facebook Account Completely Private on Desktop? In this tutorial, I show you how to make your Facebook profile completely private in a desktop browser on a PC, Macbook, or Chromebook. This means your Facebook account will be private including your Facebook profile, photos, birthday, email, future post, and past post. Making your Facebook profile private will also stop people from tagging you, seeing your comments, or likes. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions while making your Facebook profile and account private.
Make your Facebook Completely Private (Video Tutorial):
Follow the steps below to make your Facebook account completely private:
- Open the browser on your PC, Laptop, Macbook, or Chromebook and navigate to https://facebook.com.
- Open the menu by selecting the arrow in the top right of Facebook
- In the menu select Settings & Privacy, then Privacy Checkup.
- In Privacy checkup, select the following options and change them to the most private setting.
Facebook Privacy Check Up Guide:
- Who can see what you share:
- Go through all the options and choose only me to make your email, birthday, friends, future post, future stories, and pass post completely private on Facebook.
- How people can find you on Facebook:
- Go through all the options and choose the most limiting options for Friend request.
- Then for Phone Number and Email choose Only Me to prevent anyone from looking you up by with your phone number or email address. –
- Finally, turn off the ability for your Facebook profile to show up in search engine.
- Your data settings on Facebook:
- Remove any apps or websites that have access to your Facebook account and data.
- Turn off locations services for Facebook to limit how Facebook can see your location using GPS.
- Your ad preference on Facebook:
- Turn off the ability for advertiser to see your Facebook relationship status, employer, job title, and education.
- Finally select Only me for Social interactions showing up in Facebook ads.