How to Install Steam on Chromebook? In this tutorial, I show you how to install Steam on your Chromebook. This will allow you to use Steam messaging and play Linux based Steam games on your Chromebook. I also show you how to fix an error opening Steam that says “You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run: libc.so.6”.
Install Steam on Chromebook (Video Tutorial):
Follow the steps below to setup Steam on a Chromebook:
- Open the Chromebook settings and search Linux
- Select Turn On next to Linux Development Environment.
- Select Install to install Linux on your Chromebook.
- While Linux is installing, open the Chrome browser and navigate to https://store.steampowered.com/about/ and select the icon to the right of Apple to download the Linux version of Steam.
- Once the file downloads, right click the file and select Install with Linux.
- Once the details load, select Install.
- Open Steam. If you get the following error “You are missing the following 32-bit libraries, and Steam may not run: libc.so.6” continue with the next steps.
- Reboot your Chromebook.
- Open the terminal on your Chromebook and enter the following commands in order.
- sudo apt update
- sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386
- sudo apt upgrade
- sudo apt-get install –reinstall libgl1-mesa-glx:i386
- Open Steam on your Chromebook.
More Chromebook Tutorials & Tips:
How to Live Stream from a Chromebook - YouTube, Twitch, & Facebook
How to Right Click on Chromebook - EASY
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Chromebook - Pair Bluetooth Earbuds Chromebook
How to Clear Browsing History on Chromebook - Delete Web History Chrome OS
How to Edit YouTube Videos for Free Without Any Software - EASY
How to Recover Deleted Files on Chromebook - Restore Files from Trash on Chromebook
How to Record Chromebook Screen - Chromebook Screen Recorder
How to Play Fortnite on a Chromebook - 2021
How to Install Minecraft on a Chromebook - 2021
How to Connect Xbox Controller to Chromebook
How to Set Up and Use Linux Apps on Chromebooks - Chromebook Linux Install
How to Turn On Chromebook Developer Mode - Put Chromebook in Dev Mode
How to Factory Reset Chromebook - Powerwash Without a Password
How To Fix A Chromebook That Won't Turn On - Chromebook Tutorial
How to Turn Off Chromebook Developer Mode - Disable Dev Mode