How to create read only channels on Discord mobile? In this tutorial, I show you how to add read only channels on your Discord server from the Discord app on your iPhone or Android phone. Read only channels only allow select users to post, this can be great for posting server rules or important information. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions while you create read only channels on Discord mobile.
How to Create Read Only Channels on Discord Mobile (Video Tutorial):
Follow the steps below to create read only channels on Discord mobile:
- Open the Discord mobile app on your iPhone or Android phone.
- Open the server containing the channel you’d like to make read only.
- Select the 3 dots at the top of the app next to the server name to open the server menu.
- In the menu select the gear to open the server settings.
- In the server settings select Channels, then select the channel you’d like to make read only.
- Once in the channel settings, scroll down and select channel permissions.
- Then select @everyone under the Roles.
- In the roles scroll down to Text Channel Permissions and turn off both Send Messages and Send Text-to-Speech Message.
- You have now created a read only channel on Discord mobile and can back out of the settings.