Looking to track your heart rate while working out with the Garmin Instinct? In this tutorial, I show you how to easily setup custom heart rate alerts on your Garmin Instinct. These alerts include high and low alerts so you can ensure you stay in your ideal heart rate zone while working out. Don’t have yours yet? No worries!
Order One Today ?
Garmin Instinct Replacement Watch Band
Useful Accessories ?
Extra Charging Cables
Charging Port Protector
Follow the steps below to configure custom heart rate alerts on your Garmin Instinct:
- Select the GPS button to open the available activities on the Garmin instinct.
- Select an activity that requires heart rate alerts. In this example, I use Run.
- Once in the activity, select the Menu button to open the activity options.
- Scroll down (using ABC button), and select (using GPS button) the activity settings (Run Settings for this example).
- In the activity settings, select Alerts.
- Select Add New.
- Select Heart Rate.
- Configure your High Heart Rate Alert. Here you can select a pre-configured heart rate, or select Customize to create your own.
- After you configure your High Heart Rate Alert, you will be prompted to configure your Low Heart Rate Alert.
- You have configured a custom heart rate alert on your Garmin Instinct! Please note that you will need to repeat this with any activity that you would like custom heart rate alerts.