How to send custom text responses on Garmin Forerunner 645? In this tutorial, I show you how to customize your text message responses on the Garmin Forerunner 645, as well as give you a quick tutorial on how to send those responses. This is great if the pre-defined messages aren’t to your liking, if you want to include an inside joke, or if you need to customize them to meet your professional needs.
Useful Accessories 👇
Garmin Forerunner 645 Extra Charging Cable: https://geni.us/645ChargingCable
Garmin Forerunner 645 Screen Protector: https://geni.us/645ScreenProtector
Garmin Forerunner 645 Replacement Watch Band: https://geni.us/645WatchBand
Note: this is only currently available on Android phones.
Follow the steps below to respond to text messages on your Garmin Forerunner 645:
- Select the message notification that you would like to respond to by selecting the Start/Stop button.
- From here, you can Dismiss or Reply. Select Reply. Here, you will see all of the pre-configured text message responses on your smartwatch. Scroll to a response that you would like to send and then select it by hitting the Start/Stop button. To customize, see below.
- You should see Reply Sent confirmation once the message has been processed.
Download the Android Garmin Connect App here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garmin.android.apps.connectmobile&hl=en_US
Follow the steps below to configure custom text responses on your Garmin Forerunner 645:
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your Android phone.
- Select the Menu button (three horizontal lines in top left).
- Scroll down and select Garmin Devices and then select Forerunner 645.
- Scroll down and select Sounds and Alerts.
- Scroll down and select Text Response. Here, you will see your currently-enabled text responses (red circle with horizontal line inside). If you scroll down, you will see other pre-configured responses, to select one of those, enable them by selecting the blue plus mark. Re-order them by dragging the icon that has three horizontal lines and and arrow pointing up and down. To completely remove a response, select the trashcan symbol beside it. To remove it from your currently enabled list, select the red negative symbol beside the message.
- To create a custom text response, scroll to the top of your current responses and select the blue plus symbol. You will be prompted to type a response, so just type in whatever you would like to add (EVEN EMOJIS!!!!!!) 😄. Select OK when you are done.
- To save, back out of the screens until you have returned to the main page of the Garmin Connect App.
- Confirm that the messages were added by returning to your smartwatch and responding to a text message. Note that any emojis you create in the app will not appear in the watch, but they will appear on the phone of the person you are texting.