Looking to get a new Garmin smartwatch? In this unboxing and review, I share my experience with the new Garmin Instinct after my first day of use. The Garmin Instinct features a rugged, tactical look, 14 days of battery life, and several internal sensors (3-axis compass, barometric altimeter, and GPS). All for only $300. Don’t have yours yet? No worries!
Order One Today 👇
Important Garmin Instinct links:
Though I have had limited experience with the Garmin Instinct, check out my pros and cons below.
Pros of the Garmin Instinct:
- Awesome design that looks rugged and tough.
- Very easy to read the screen that is a little smaller than other Garmin watches, but displays a lot of information. I love the additional display in the top right, as it is very easy to read.
- The buttons are easy to use when navigating through the menus.
- It has many features that are geared towards outdoor activities, such as hiking, biking, running, even open water swimming.
- Easy to sync with your phone via the Garmin Connect app.
- Allows for text message responses (Android only).
- Music controls.
- Built in compass and barometric altimeter.
- Waterproof up to 100 meters.
Cons of the Garmin Instinct:
- No Garmin Connect IQ for downloading Watches, Widgets and Applications.
- Black and white display.
- No Garmin Pay functionality.