How to change default homepage in Google Chrome? In this tutorial, I show you how to set your Google Chrome homepage on a PC, Laptop, Chromebook, or Macbook. This means you can change your Chrome browser homepage to Google or any other website. So you’ll be able to change the website that opens when you hit the Home button in Google Chrome.
Change Default Homepage in Google Chrome (Video Tutorial):
Follow the steps below to set your homepage in Google Chrome:
- First navigate to the website you want to set as your homepage in Google Chrome.
- Copy the URL / web address for that website by right clicking the address and then selecting copy.
- Once you have copied the URL, open the Google Chrome settings by selecting the 3 dots icon in the top right of the Chrome browser. In the menu, select Settings.
- In the Chrome settings, first find the section labeled On start up.
- Under On start up, select Open specific page or set of pages.
- Select the new option that appears, labeled Add a new page.
- Paste the URL copied for your desired homepage and select Add.
- Now we must perform one more change in the Google Settings. Find the section in the settings labeled Appearance.
- Under Appearance, find Show home button, and ensure this option is turned on by using the toggle switch.
- With Show home turned on, select the button next to Enter custom web address.
- Paste the URL copied for your desired homepage in the text box.