How to start a Twitch Stream from a Chromebook? In this tutorial, I show you how to start a Twitch stream on a Chromebook. Streaming to Twitch from a Chromebook with Lightstream is easy. Lightstream is a free website that allows you to configure and start a stream on Twitch and many other live streaming services such as YouTube, Mixer, and Facebook. Please leave a comment if you have any questions while starting your first Twitch live stream on a Chromebook.
How to start a Twitch Stream from a Chromebook using LightStream (Video Tutorial):
Get Lightstream here: https://golightstream.com
Lightstream is a free or paid website that allows you to stream to Twitch, Mixer, YouTube, and Facebook from the Chrome browser on a Chromebook. Lightstream is similar to OBS, allowing you to configure your stream with a game, webcam, images, and even Twitch alerts. The free version lightstream is limited to 8 hours of streaming a month and includes a Lightstream overlay on your stream.
Get Twitch Prime for FREE (Paid Link): http://amzn.to/2tOlPdH
How To Start A Twitch Stream with OBS Studio:
Follow the steps below to stream to Twitch from Chromebook:
- Navigate to https://golightstream.com on your chromebook.
- In the top right-hand corner, select Get Started, then select Lightstream Studio.
- Choose the platform you want to stream to. The available options are YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, and Mixer. In this tutorial, we go over how to stream to Twitch.
- Once you select Twitch, you will need to login to your account and give Lightstream access to your Twitch channel.
- Create a new Lightstream project.
- When the new project opens, you are now ready to set up a scene for your stream. This can include your display through screen share, a webcam, external mic, Twitch alerts, Streamlab alerts, images, and text.
- At the top of the page, set your bandwidth. I recommend starting low then getting higher as you confirm it works on your chromebook.
- Once you have finished setting up your stream, it’s time to go live. select the Go Live button in the top right of Lightstream to go live on Twitch.