Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb, Dimmable by TP-Link – No Hub Required, Works with Alexa & Google (KL110)
Looking to get a new smart light bulb? In this video, I review the Kasa smart WiFi light bulb by TP Link. This smart light bulb is dimmable, doesn’t require a hub, and also works with Alexa and Google.
Order One Today 👇
Kasa Smart WiFi Light Bulb on Amazon: https://geni.us/KasaKL110
Pros of the TP Link Kasa smart light bulb:
- Dimmable down to 1%.
- No hub required, so you only need to purchase the smart light bulb in order to use.
- Compatible with standard light bulb fittings.
- Soft light coloring, more of a yellow hue that will make it less bright and easier to look at.
- Schedule the light to turn on/off by day of the week and times. Even adjust the brightness settings for your schedule.
- View bulb energy usage from the app (kWh and time).
- Smart app has very high ratings.
- Can control the light when you aren’t at home and aren’t connected via your WiFi network (from cell phone data).
- Simple to set up and use.
Cons of the TP Link Kasa smart light bulb:
- Metal area below the bulb gets very hot. Make sure you keep it away from animals or children, and be careful when moving it.
- Doesn’t work on 5 GHz WiFi networks.
Kasa Smart app link:
- Apple Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/kasa-smart/id1034035493
- Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tplink.kasa_android&hl=en_US
How to setup the TP Link Kasa smart light bulb (this setup should work on models LB100 TKIT, KB100, LB130, A19, LB110, & KL130):
- Screw Kasa light bulb into light socket and then turn it on. The bulb should start blinking, indicating that it is ready to pair with the app.
- Download the Kasa Smart app (links above).
- Open the Kasa Smart app and create an account or log in. This should load the Devices screen.
- Select the plus symbol in the top right-hand corner to add a new device, and then select Add a Device.
- Scroll down and select Smart Lights and then select Smart Bulb.
- Make sure that your light bulb is plugged in and turned on, then select Next, then Next again.
- Connect your phone to the TP-LINK WiFi network (this is generated by the smart bulb). (Settings – WiFi – Select TP-LINK_Smart_Bulb…)
- Once you are connected to the TP-LINK WiFi, go back to the smart light bulb setup and select I’m Already Connected. This should start configuring the light bulb.
- Once it is done configuring, a screen with Choose a Network should appear. This where you are able to connect the light bulb to your WiFi network. Select your WiFi network from the available list (this is only compatible with 2.4 GHz networks). Once it connects, name your device and select an icon to identify it.
- Configuration is complete! If you see a Firmware Update screen, I recommend updating.
- Turn the smart bulb on by returning to the Devices screen and toggling your device on by selecting the Power button (should turn green when on).
- Select the bulb to enter into the control options. From here, you can change:
- Device name.
- Four presets on the main screen.
- Bulb brightness.
- Schedule times for the light to turn on/off, brightness setting, and the days.
- View energy usage and about of time it is turned on.
Awesome Smart Light Devices:
Smart Home Tutorials:
Awesome Smart Home Devices: