How to remove vocals from any song? In this tutorial, I show you how to easily remove vocals or singing from any song for free. This means you can remove the lyrics or singing from any track you have downloaded. This tutorial can remove vocals from many file formats including WAV, MP3, OGG, M4A, WMA, and FLAC on just about any device including iPhone, Android, Chromebook, Mac, and Windows computers. Following the steps in the tutorial will also isolate the vocals. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions while removing vocals from a song.
Note: Unlike most tutorials showing you how to remove vocals from music files, this tutorial does not use Audacity, it uses spleeter from Deezer. This means the song with the vocals removed will sound great with no trace of the vocals.
Deezer article: https://deezer.io/releasing-spleeter-deezer-r-d-source-separation-engine-2b88985e797e
Spleeter on Github: https://github.com/deezer/spleeter
If you can’t open the zip file use 7-Zip: https://www.7-zip.org/
YouTube Audio Library: https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary
Example song used in this video was created by Otis McDonald check him out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCej6bRv8lR48AEbQvdb_9Cg/
Follow the steps below to remove vocals from a song:
- Go to http://splitter.ai/
- Upload the song you want to remove vocals from by selecting Drop Song Here and selecting the song file on your device.
- Once you have uploaded your song file, see the progress of the processing by selecting Upload History.
- Once the file has finished processing select Download Pack under Upload History.
- Once downloaded, open the zip file to access the music file with vocals only (vocals.wav) and the vocals removed (accompaniment.wav).