Looking to get an outdoor smart plug? In this unboxing and review we look at the Oittm Outdoor Smart Wifi Plug. The Oittm Outdoor Smart Plug features energy monitoring, waterproof build quality, and compatibility with both Amazon Alex and Google Home Assistant. In addition to that the Oittm Outdoor Smart Outlet is only ~$28.
Oittm Outdoor Wi-Fi Outlet, Smart Plug Socket w/ Energy Monitoring Wireless Remote Control/Timer by Smart Phone, Works with Alexa, Google Home, Weatherproof for Indoor and Outdoor Use
Get it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2JgUSlV(Paid Link)
In this review I also do a tutorial of how to setup the Oittm Outdoor Smart Wifi as well as setting it up with Google Home Assistant.
Oittm Outdoor Smart Plug Pros:
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant
- Real-time power consumption monitoring
- Very easy setup with the Smart Life App available in both the Apple app store and Google Play Store
- Good build quality. The Oittm Outdoor Wi-Fi Outlet is made of a mid-grade feeling plastic that feels sturdy.
- Easy to configure timer and scheduler. This makes it easy to have the smart plug turn on and off when you want.
- Easy to see indicator light that shows the status of the Oittm Outdoor Wi-Fi Outlet
- 3 Prong Plug
- Similar to other Smart Plugs from brands like Benuo, LOPOO, Powstro, Woods, Maxcio, iClever, and iHome
Oittm Outdoor Smart Plug Cons:
- While the Oittm Outdoor Wi-Fi Outlet is advertised as waterproof, this ability is limited to IP44. This means it can survive a small splash of water.
- Somewhat bulky at 4.7 inches by 2.5 inches
Overall the Oittm Outdoor Wi-Fi Outlet works great and is easy to setup. Using the app for scheduling was very easy and it worked perfectly with Google Assistant.