How to change your Instagram username? In this tutorial, I show you how to easily change your Instagram username. This can be useful if you want a new username, changed your name, or have a new brand. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions while you change your Instagram username.
Learn Instagram Marketing for FREE (Paid Link): https://geni.us/InstagramPlaybook
The steps in this Instagram tutorial can be performed on any device such as an iPhone or Android phone. You can even use this guide to update your Instagram username on a desktop computer, mac, or Chromebook.
Change Instagram Username Video Tutorial:
Note: There are two important points to note before changing your Instagram username.
- If you change your Instagram username, you will need to update any links you have that point to your Instagram profile. This could include links you have on your blog, YouTube channel, or other social media. The links to your Instagram profile will need to be updated to reflect your new Instagram username.
- If you change your username on Instagram, your old username will be available to anyone else that wants it. If someone else uses it, you will no longer be able to use it again.
Follow the steps below to update your Instagram username:
- Open Instagram app on your phone and select the profile icon (looks like an outline of a person) in the bottom right.
- Ensure that you are logged into your account. If you are, you should see Edit Profile. Select Edit Profile.
- Find text box labeled Username.
- Edit the Username field with your new desired Instagram username. Once you have typed your new Instagram username, if a green check appears next to it the username is available on Instagram.
- To save the new username on Instagram, select the check mark in the top right of the app.