How to reset or restart Garmin Vivoactive 4? In this tutorial, I show you how to restart your Garmin Vivoactive 4 as well as how to perform a factory reset on your Garmin Vivoactive 4. A factory reset will remove all user data on your watch. This is great if you are interested in selling your smart watch or if you have just purchased a used Garmin Vivoactive 4 and need to remove the previous owner’s data.
How to turn your Garmin Vivoactive 4 off:
- Hold the top button down on your Garmin Vivoactive 4 for around 15 seconds. The control menu will appear. Keep holding down the power button until it turns completely black.
- Hold the top button to turn it back on.
Note: performing a factory reset will remove all data from your Garmin Vivoactive 4.
How to perform a FACTORY RESET of your Garmin Vivoactive 4:
- Hold the back button (around 4 o’clock) until the Menu opens.
- Once the Menu opens, scroll down and select the Gear to open the settings.
- Scroll down and select System.
- Select Reset.
- Select Delete Data and Reset Settings. This will clear all data from the watch. Select the checkmark at the bottom of the screen to perform a factory reset (hard reset). You will need to set up your smart watch again.