How to add or change thumbnails on YouTube videos? In this tutorial, I show you how to upload custom thumbnails to your YouTube videos. This means you can make your own thumbnail and add it to your YouTube videos. Uploading custom thumbnails is a great way to increase your video click through rate and get more views on YouTube.
Add or Change Thumbnails on YouTube Videos (Video Tutorial):
Follow the steps to upload custom thumbnails on YouTube videos:
- Open a browser and navigate to https://studio.youtube.com
- Once in the YouTube Studio ensure your YouTube channel has the ability to upload custom thumbnails by first selecting settings in the left menu.
- In the settings, select Channel, then Feature eligibility.
- Ensure you enable Features that require phone verification.
- Once enabled select Content in the left menu, then videos.
- Find the video you want to add a thumbnail to and select the pencil for details.
- Once the video opens scroll down under the description text box and select Upload thumbnail.
- Find the thumbnail image on your computer, Macbook, or Chromebook.
- Save the video.