Adding some movement to a time lapse can make them more dramatic and beautiful. Doing this requires a camera rotator of some sort, which can cost at least $20 and up to $500. In this video I show how to make a DIY Camera Rotator that is perfect for filming time lapses with a Gopro, smartphone, or handheld camera, for only $5.
- Kikkerland Ladybug Kitchen Timer
- One 1/4 in. x 1/2 in. Stainless-Steel Hex Bolt
- Super Glue Liquid
Follow the steps below to construct your DIY Time-Lapse 360 Degree Camera Rotator:
1. Remove the top of the timer by lightly pulling on the top until it is complete removed from the base of the kitchen timer
2. Use a blade or hard piece of metal to scratch the surface of the top center of the timer. This should also be done to the top of the Hex Bolt. The goal here is to create small grooves that will help the glue apply to the surface of the bolt and timer.
3. Wipe off the surface that you scratch. Make sure there is no loose debris and ensure the surface is dry.
4. With your glue ready find the center of the top of the kitchen timer. Apply a couple drops of glue to that area as well as the top of the Hex Bolt. Quickly attach the top of the hex bolt to the top center of the timer. The glue will set very quickly.
5. Let the glue dry for at least 20 minutes. I recommend an hour.
6. Enjoy your new Time Lapse Camera Rotator.
This DYI Time Lapse Camera Rotator will work with the following devices:
• Compatible with GoPro Hero 1, 2, 3, 4, Black/Silver Edition
• Digital Cameras such as Canon SX530, SX520, SX510, SX500, SX410, SX400, SX170, SX60 HS, SX50, Nikon P610, P600, P530, P520, L840, L830, L820, L330, A900, Sony, Fujifilm, Panasonic, Olympus, Pentax, and more.
• Compatible with Smartphone up to 5.5inch, For iPhone 7, iPhone 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s/5, Samsung Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Galaxy Note 5, Note 4, J7, J5, Galaxy On7, Galaxy On5, Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4,, HTC One, Desire 830, One S9, One M9s, One M8s, 10, One M8, Desire 630, Asus 2 Laser ZE551KL, Zenfone Go T500, LG G5, V10, Google Nexus 5X, G4, K7, K10, G3, Motorola E, Google Nexus Phone, LG G Flex, Sony, Nokia Lumia Series, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S7, S6, S5