Trying to setup Incident Detection or Garmin Assistance on your Garmin Forerunner 245? In this tutorial, I show you how to turn on and use incident detection and assistance. Incident Detection enables your Forerunner 245 to alert your emergency contact if the watch detects an incident during an activity, such as a fall. Garmin Assistance allows you to contact your emergency contacts directly from the Forerunner 245 in the event of an emergency.
Useful Accessories 👇
Garmin Forerunner 245 Extra Charging Cable: https://geni.us/245Cable
Garmin Forerunner 245 Screen Protector: https://geni.us/245Screen
Garmin Forerunner 245 Port Protector: https://geni.us/245Por
Garmin Forerunner 245 Replacement Watch Band: https://geni.us/245WatchBand
At the time of this video, you can have up to 3 emergency contacts.
Follow the steps below to configure your emergency contacts:
- In the Garmin Connect app, open the Menu by selecting the 3 lines in the top left.
- In the Menu, select Safety & Tracking.
- In Safety & Tracking, select Incident Detection & Assistance.
- Accept the terms and conditions from Garmin.
- Select Add Emergency Contacts.
Follow the steps below to setup incident detection:
- On the Forerunner 245, hold the Up button to open the Menu.
- In the Menu, select Safety.
- In Safety, select Incident Detection.
- In Incident Detection, select each activity you’d like to have Incident Detection enabled.
To activate Garmin Assistance, simply hold the Light button for 3 seconds. Once started simply press the start / stop button to end the assistance.
Other Garmin Forerunner 245 Tutorials: