How to copy a Discord server? In this tutorial, I show you how to copy or duplicate a Discord server. Copying a Discord server is very easy with server templates and allows you to copy all the roles, channels, and settings to a new Discord server. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions while you copy a Discord server.
How to Copy a Discord Server (Video Tutorial):
What is a Discord Server Template?
Discord Server templates let you clone an existing servers categories, channels, roles, and permissions to help you easily create a new server. This feature is currently only available on the desktop and browser versions of Discord. Additionally, you must be either the owner or have a Manage Server role in order to copy a server.
Follow the steps to copy a Discord server:
- Open Discord in a Desktop browser or the desktop app.
- Open the server you want to copy.
- Once the server is open, select the dropdown arrow next to the server name. In the menu select server settings.
- In the left sidebar of the server settings, select Server Template.
- Enter a title and description for your new server.
- Select Preview Template.
- View the new server template and then select Create.
- You can now close the server settings and you should see your new server.