How to turn off background apps on Android? In this tutorial, I show you how to stop background apps on an Android phone or tablet. Turning off background apps can prevent apps from running in the background and using your battery life. Let me know in the comments if you have any questions while you turn off background apps on Android.
How to Turn Off Background Apps on Android (Video Tutorial):
What Are Background Apps on Android?
If you have a weather app or email app on your Android phone chances are these apps are running in the background. These apps run in the background to update your location for weather information or constantly check your inbox for new email. Background apps can be great for convenience but can also drain your battery or slow down your phone.
Follow the steps below to Turn Off Background apps on Android:
- Open the settings on your Android phone or tablet.
- In the Android settings, find and select Apps and Notifications.
- Then select App info.
- Find and select the app you’d like to disable background app access on.
- Select Advanced and then Battery.
- To turn off background apps, select Background restriction then select Restrict.
- Repeat this process for each app you’d like to turn off as a background app.