Having Wifi signal problems? Try the URANT Wifi Extender and improve the Wifi range of your network. Currently ~$19 on Amazon – http://amzn.to/2cwAjqd
The look of this URANT Wifi Repeater is not bad. It is white and has the lights arranged on one side which looks pretty cool when they are all blinking. The plastic does not feel too cheap. One of the problems I have with the build of this device is that it is pretty bulky. When plugged into a wall socket it will make it hard to plug any other devices in to the other plug. So basically you lose a wall socket in your house.
Connect Quality and Range:
The connection was not bad really and once I finished the configuration it seemed to automatically connect pretty quickly. Usually when I purchase devices like this such as a travel router or wireless repeater I like to test the bandwidth before and after the device to see how much it affects the internet speeds. I found that I lost nearly 70% of my bandwidth using the URANT Wifi Repeater. While this wouldn’t be horrible for just surfing the internet it would be very bad for streaming movies or TV. It would also not be the best if you had multiple people using the repeated WiFi network. Some bandwidth loss is always to be expected with devices like this so it is something to be aware of for sure.
Easy of Installation:
Installation for the URANT Wifi Repeater was extremely easy. Really only involved plugging the device in and then going to WiFi extender website to configure everything. Took me maybe 5 minutes to have the repeater network up and running.
Follow the step below to setup this device:
1. Plug the URANT WiFi Repeater into a power socket
2. Find and connect to the new WiFi network named “Wifi-Repeater”
3. Once connected go to 192.168.10.1 in your web browser. This can be done on either your phone or computer. the only requirement is that you are connected to the WiFi network in step 2.
4. Select the mode you would like, I selected Repeater mode because I wanted to extend my WiFi network.
5. Find and select your home WiFi Network from the list.
6. Enter your home Wifi Network passwor, change the Reaper SSID to something unique from your home network SSID and select the apply button.
The URANT WiFi Extender should now be working and extending your network signal.
I like this URANT WIFI Repeater because it worked and was VERY easy to setup. Two things I do not like are the loss in Bandwidth and the large size that would seemingly take up and entire wall socket.